World's Best Waffles Made Easy

    
I, like any human in their right mind, love waffles but, also like any human in their right mind, hate whipping egg whites. The traditional waffle recipe of my childhood tempted me with its delicious results but tortured me with the need to get out my stand mixer. I needed a new way. A way that only takes 1 bowl but still provides fluffy, decadent waffles. 
    In my search, I discovered Snoop Dogg's recipe. It intrigued me as I had never seen anyone add corn meal to waffles and I generally like his recipes. I tried it but the batter was too thin and made my waffles a strange texture. The taste, however, hinted at perfection. I took some hints from the traditional recipe I had always used and some from Snoop Dogg's and began my testing. It took me 2 tries to really perfect the measurements but now I have a trusted recipe that produces the perfect waffles every time. My waffles are better than ever and I find that it is easier to add things like nuts and fruit since I don't have to worry about losing the air produced by folded in egg whites. 

If you like these waffles, leave a comment below, click on the youtube tab to subscribe to my youtube, and/or follow me on social media:
Instagram: @_sexyraddish_
Facebook: @TheSexyRadDish

World's Best One Bowl Waffles

Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick), melted
  • 2 cups milk or milk alternative
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/4 cup corn flour
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup toasted pecans *optional*
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla 
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Directions:

  1. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl before slowly adding the melted butter. Whisk as you add so that the butter becomes emulsified in the egg.
  2. Add the remaining wet ingredients (milk and vanilla) and mix well.
  3. Mix in the brown sugar and corn meal.
  4. Add the baking soda, baking powder, and flour at the same time and mix it into the wet ingredients.
  5. If you are adding any extras (pecans, berries, chocolate chips , etc.,) add them now.
  6. Preheat your waffle iron. I usually preheat to setting 4 out of 5 so they are dark golden brown. 
  7. Make a tiny test waffle to taste and make sure it is to your liking. 
  8. If it is good, make your waffles. I usually add about 1/3 cup of batter per waffle.
  9. Now dress them up however you like! I strongly recommend adding toasted pecans and topping with a drizzle of real maple syrup. My family, who aren't lactose intolerant, top theirs with strawberries and whipped cream. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts